|Feeding hungry children in Canada
and around the world
How many children around the world are starving and medically underserved?
“Somewhere around 800 million children are malnourished...everyday”.
That's roughly 1 in every 8 people on the planet today.
3,000 kids die each day due to malnutrition related illness.
30,000 will die before the night is over tonight. If you want to know how many children are starving in the world right now, I'll tell you: too many. The problem is much larger than we can probably even imagine and it's going to take effort from everyone on the planet, not just charity organizations or well meaning people, but businesses and governments as well. It's also going to take a lot of money, which is why it's so important that we are able to accurately track the numbers of children dying around the world every day.
How do Canadian organizations help starving children?
Here are three of the most important ways that Canadians can help.
- Donating to charities in Canada. Charities Canada is a country wide organization that tracks how Canadian donations are used in various countries around the world, including areas affected by poverty and disease. Your money goes to directly helping people who are dealing with these issues on a daily basis.
- Sponsoring a child. There are organizations that will let you sponsor a starving child in another country starting at only $30 a month. Not only does this give you the satisfaction of knowing that you're helping one person specifically, but it also has the secondary effect of helping their entire community as well because when one family member is given an education or enough food to live healthily, the whole family benefits from it.
- Volunteering with a charity organization. There are organizations that will fly you out directly to a location in need and give you room and board while you work for them. One such organization is the FTC Canada. It also donates money to the best online casinos in Canada - for example, online casino Fresh! It is also known for its unique and innovative gambling offers. In an industry where many online casino's have players isolated from one another, Fresh has been striving to bring the players together in a social environment.
You get to see exactly how your donation is being used first hand and this allows charities Canada to know exactly where their money goes.It's possible that you know someone who is involved with one of these organizations already, or maybe you've heard their advertisement on the radio. Well now you can be more educated about which charities are the best to donate money to by searching through Charities Canada rankings , where they keep a public database of all their information.
- Make sure your kids are learning about global poverty. Sure it's better to know than not to know, but even with that knowledge you can't really help someone if you don't have the resources. For that reason, I feel like everyone should be educated on how many children are dying around the world before they turn 16 because then they have a better idea of what they're going to do with their lives. If you have a child who is already older than that, I still recommend teaching them how many children are starving in the world right now because ignorance isn't bliss when it comes to this topic.
How can I help?
- Donating money is probably the easiest way to help children starving in the world right now. It's also a great way to get your kids involved because they can understand what a dollar is worth around the world and how much it will affect someone who lives on less than a dollar a day. And if you don't have any money lying around, that's ok too. There are many other ways to help people who are struggling to survive.
- Raising awareness is also an important step in helping children starving around the world right now. There's a good chance that there are people around you who might not know how many kids are dying right now, so tell them! The more people are aware of this issue, the better our chances are that some type of action will be taken to stop it.
- Get the word out about the number of children starving in this world through social media outlets, you can help by re-tweeting messages related to this issue on Twitter or by sharing these types of articles on Facebook where millions of people are connected to each other. You might be surprised how quickly word gets around when everyone is connected to each other with one website.
Each of these ways to help starving children is essential for ensuring that the problem retains its urgency and will only increase in magnitude until it's solved. Only by working together can we make sure no more children die from starvation ever again.
|© 2010 FTC Canada ● Contact Us|